Pardon the dust while this blog becomes awesome! But please feel free to look around!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

35 Day Book Blogging Challenge! Day 1

So I decided in order to get into the habit of writing and posting more often I would try the 30 Day Book Blogging Challenge.Yes, the title does say 35 Day. That's because when searching for the 30 Day challenge I came across a couple different ones and I thought, Hey! Let's kick this up a notch and put them together! Actually it was more me being indecisive... So I combined the lists mushed a few topics together and added an xtra question or two and 35 is what i ended up with. You can see the complete list of topics for each day along with links to original lists and to past topics once they've been posted on the Book Blogging Challenge page.


Day 1: The Best Book You Read Last Year

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Hands down.

The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1)  

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.



       I read some really good books in 2013; Shades of Earth by Beth Revis, Arclight by Josin McQuein, The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson, Unbreakable by Kami Garcia, All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (just to name a few); but the BEST book I read is The 5the Wave. Absolutely no contest there.This book is freaking AMAZING!  From the writing to the characters to the plot... Ugh! I love it. If you haven't read it, you need to because it is awesome. I don't want to tell you anything about it for fear of ruining a single part of it, but I will say I had a major book hangover and wanted to re-read it immediately after finishing it. I can't wait for book two, The Infinite Sea due out this September.

What was the best book you read last year? Curious minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment